Overview & Responsibilities
- Analyzes business processes and evaluates performance for opportunities to increase automation, improve efficiency, and increase accuracy. Measures performance of current processes by capturing appropriate metrics and comparing performance to specified benchmarks. Makes recommendations to management on changes to process and/or technology that will result in improvements in efficiency in operations and quality and reliability of output. Documents current process for analysis and models proposed changes to process, documenting current business rules and procedures and the proposed changes to the same. Establishes new service level metrics and benchmarks based on implementation of the proposed process and technology improvements.
- Identifies potential departmental technology deficiencies and proposes recommended technology changes to management for approval. Defines the requirements and specifications for new development or enhancements to proprietary applications or drafts necessary Requests for Proposals (“RFP”) for software product acquisition to address impacted operations. Meets with internal developers to discuss the development and enhancement requirements, reviewing the business justification for such changes and consulting with internal developers to refine and improve the specifications for the proposed enhancements. Reviews responses received to the RFP from third party vendors and evaluates the proposed solution against the defined requirements and specifications. Makes recommendations based on costs and benefits to management on acquisition of proposed third party products. Defines post implementation performance expectations as part of the benefits analysis for evaluation by management.
- Coordinates and manages the implementation of new or revised business processes and/or new or enhanced internally developed software or third-party vendor purchased software. Develops and applies consistent best practice project management methodologies for implementation to achieve increased speed and success in implementations. Prepares or coordinates the development of testing plans related to software and process implementations. Communicates with Company and unit managers to allocate appropriate testing resources for process and technology testing needs. Reviews testing outcomes to ensure performance of process or software meet expectations. Coordinates the training of employees on new or revised processes or technologies. Participates in the development and maintenance of quality assurance program by researching and recommending control standards, procedures and practices to management. Upon management approval, develops documents and implements a plan for executing and testing the defined quality assurance procedures. Achieves quality assurance objectives by contributing information and analysis to developed plans and prepares and completes action plans related to maintaining quality and customer-service standards.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent
- 3-5 years related work experience including business process analysis and project management
- Personal computer and related spreadsheet and data manipulation software
- Knowledge of technology testing methods and procedures
- Principles of business, statistics, finance, insurance, insurance accounting and statistics
- Principles of process analysis and project management; project management accreditation
- Company and Department practices and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication with all levels of the organization and individuals outside the organization, including vendors
- Computer Proficiency
- Project management skills
- Design and use of computer programs to analyze data
- Advanced problem solving skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed