*Candidates must be local and able to work in Omaha for at least 2 semesters while taking on a full-time course load.*
- Flexible; Between 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Approximately 14-20 hours per week depending on the applicant's schedule. More hours available in Summer (up to 40 hours per week)
- Starting immediately running through Summer 2019 and hopefully beyond.
1314 Douglas Street (Omaha World-Herald Building)
This internship will give the qualified candidate an opportunity to obtain valuable experience in insurance operations. Duties involve collaborating with others as well as working independently and may include the following:
- Assist in analyzing business processes for opportunities to increase automation, improve efficiency, and increase accuracy.
- Measure performance of current processes by capturing appropriate metrics and comparing performance to specified benchmarks.
- Work with internal developers and business to review and improve change requirements.
- Act as liaison between Finance and Company information technology units in coordinating and assisting in the implementation of new or revised business processes and software.
- Assist in the development of testing plans related to software and process implementations.
- Review testing outcomes to ensure performance of process or software meet expectations.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of a quality assurance program by researching and recommending control standards, procedures and practices to supervisor.
- Help develop and maintain documentation of data flows within the department.
During this internship, the student will learn:
- To map workflows and outline procedural gaps
- To challenge process and assist in driving change
- To work independently in a business environment