Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies, a group of property and casualty companies rated A++ by A.M. Best, has an immediate opening for a Marketing Specialist to represent our organization by visiting agencies to build and foster agency relationships in assigned territories.
- Acts as marketing specialist visiting small to mid-sized agencies in the assigned territory. Routinely visits assigned agency partners with a travel level of approximately 50-60% of the time.
- Provides marketing information to agents regarding product opportunities, how to transact business with Company and response to basic inquiries on how to place various Property Casualty and Workers Compensation insurance products with the Company.
- Participates in group agency meetings in various locations throughout the year to introduce new products and enhancements. Trains agents on new online product technologies and changes to existing online products. Distributes regular agent communication regarding product changes and enhancements via e-mail or in person.
- Initiates contact with prospective agencies by calling the agency directly to identify characteristics and qualifications of the agency and to understand the level of interest in the BHHC online products. Sets up appointments for marketing representatives with prospective agents and prepares the basic marketing materials required for initial agency visits.
- Assists prospective agents in preparing Company appointment application and supplies information to Agency Licensing unit to prepare new agency contract. Obtains necessary agency licensing and producer information required for Company appointment process and assists in setting up login ids and passwords.
- May attend conventions or other industry functions to maintain visibility to current and potential agents. Responsible for generating interest and developing a clear understanding regarding how to conduct business with BHHC.
- Communicates issues raised by individual agents as well as changes in the marketplace regarding competitors, coverage forms, pricing, and other items that may come up to management and company underwriters.
- Completes and updates reports for underwriters and managers regarding agency calls, individual agency submission activity and product binds.
- Perform related duties as directed or as situation dictates such as assisting other groups in various product marketing launches, etc.